The Fullerton College CalWORKs Program is designed to promote self-sufficiency through education and employment. If you are currently receiving CalWORKs/GAIN (otherwise known as welfare or cash aid) for both yourself and your children, you may be eligible for our program. The CalWORKs Program serves students that are attending Fullerton College and the School of Continuing Education located at Wilshire and Anaheim.
OUR GOAL IS TO HELP YOU SUCCEED. YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS!
- Academic, career, and personal counseling.
- Assistance with completion of county paperwork
- Provide guidance in understanding CalWORKs rules and regulations
- Assist students in accessing county supportive services which includes funds for child care, books/supplies/school fees and transportation.
- Referral to both on and off-campus resources for basic needs and emergency assistance (shelter, food, utility assistance, domestic violence)
- Child care vouchers for both on and off campus child care
- On-campus Work Study (students do not need to qualify for Financial Aid to participate)
- Coordination with EOPS/CARE, Financial Aid, DSS and other student supportive services programs.
- Assignment to a CalWORKs Counselor who provides the ongoing guidance and support needed to optimize student success while ensuring county-mandated requirements are met.
CalWORKs Program Eligibility
- Parents as well as children must be receiving cash aid (i.e., parents who are no longer receiving cash aid and are only receiving cash aid for their children are not eligible);
- Must be able to provide proof of program eligibility via county documentation in order to receive CalWORKs program services;
- No unit minimum required.
New student intake by appointment only. Walk-in appointments are not available. County documents cannot be completed without an intake appointment.
If you are interested in more information or are considering applying for cash aid, please call and schedule an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor.
In order to schedule an appointment or for more information, please contact our main office at (714) 992-7101.
Fullerton College CalWORKs Office
315 N. Pomona Ave
Fullerton CA 92832
(Located two blocks west of the Fullerton College campus)
(June 4,2018 to August 10,2018)
Fall and Spring Hours
(August 13,2018 to June 3, 2019)