CalWORKs Remote Services
The CalWORKs office is currently closed for all in-person services and appointments. Due to the campus closure, our staff is working remotely to assist students in a safe and healthy manner. To meet with a CalWORKs Counselor, you can call (714) 992-7101, You may also use the scheduling link located on the CalWORKs Canvas Page.
WHAT IS CalWORKs?
The acronym for California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids, CalWORKs is a program designed to help students on public assistance get the support to begin building the foundations of self-sufficiency and access to vital services such as work-study, job placement, childcare, curriculum development, skill training and more. Fullerton College CalWORKs program provides resources, support, and liaison advocacy necessary to help students meet the county requirements and improve their educational and employment opportunities through enrollment and completion of a degree or job training programs.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CalWORKs
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a CalWORKs/TANF Cash-Aid Recipient
- Parents, as well as children, must be receiving cash-aid (i.e., parents who are no longer receiving cash-aid and are only receiving cash-aid for their children are not eligible.)
- Must have at least one child under the age of 18 years old
- Must be able to provide proof of program eligibility via county documentation in order to receive CalWORKs program service
- No unit minimum requirement
If you are interested in more information or are considering applying for cash-aid, please call and schedule an appointment with a CalWORKs Counselor at our main office (714) 997101. New student intake appointments are by appointment only. Walk-in appointments are not available. County documents cannot be completed without an intake appointment completed.
Spring 2021 Office Hours
|Monday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am – 5:00pm|